The secret of the Toastmasters educational program is its 3-pronged approach of education, opportunity and feedback. The opportunity to speak and the feedback happens in the meeting but the education component is found in the Pathways Educational On-line program.
Follow these steps to start your Toastmasters journey today:
1. Go to www.toastmasters.org
2. Click ‘log in’
3. Enter your email address
4. Click ‘Forgot password’
5. Use the log in details emailed to you to log into the website.
6. Click ‘ Pathways’
7. Click ‘Choose a Path’
8. Click ‘Take assessment’ in the Base Camp box (note: your first path is covered in your joining fees, only subsequent paths cost the $20)
9. Choose your Path; you don’t have to choose the Path that the assessment suggests.
To start your Path:
1. Go back to the Home page
2. Click ‘Pathways’
3. Click ‘Go to Base Camp’
4. Click ‘Log in as a Member’ (middle box)
5. See box headed ‘My Education Transcript’, click Launch beside your chosen Path.
6. Follow the instructions to work through the educational material and find your next speech project.
7. Once you complete the project go back into this section and do the ‘After Quiz’.
8. Do the Level completion module so you can move on to the next Level. There could be a delay of a couple of days before the next Level opens as it has to be approved by the VPE.